DIY Necklaces Using cork-glass bottles



Asalamualykum lovely people of the Internet!

Today I will share a DIY with you that makes me very happy. Alhamdulillah, I have the means to go out and buy the items needed to make my own necklaces and that's what I've been doing for the past few months.


I found a cool store in the neighbourhood that's dedicated on selling you the things you need to become a jewelry maker. There are so many pretty pendants and beads and chains in that store and its all so so cheap, it makes me really happy and grateful!


So, remember I made some cork glass bottles using twine a while ago? yeah, well they didn't last, as in the twine wasn't strong enough to hold the cork bottles in place. The whole thing didn't look so good either.


So I got some wire from Michaels and the rest of the jewelry stuff I got from the neighbourhood store. And then I went to town on this project.


The necklace-making process is simple.


Here are the materials you will need:




I lied. The 1.5mm part is made up, please don't sue me.



PROCESS:



Step 1:

Using your nose pliers, start off by creating a loop on the end of your wire. This is so that we can feed the metal chain through later on.





Step 2:

Wrap the metal wire around the ridge of the cork bottle.






Step 3:

Grab your chain. Add a small jump ring on one end and a Large jump ring on the other. Attach the metal clasp to the large jump ring.





Step 4:

Add a jump ring on the loop. Make sure it's a large one.






Step 5: 

Fill up your glass bottle with whatever you would like. And there you have it your very own glass cork bottle necklace.






Don't forget to feed the chain starting from the small jump ring side through the loop on the metal wire. 







I've mentioned this in my previous post and I'll say it here too. What I really love about this necklace is that I can customize it however I want. I can place anything I want in side the cork bottle from buttons to sparkles to dandelion seeds. The possibilities are endless.





:)

Peace, 

Ayesha.


You might also enjoy:

Cute Dandelion Necklaces

Pretty Notebook Titles

Eid Cards


Comments

  1. If you want other sealing type for this bottles, we can make it with screw cap. And if you need custom glass bottles, welcome to contact with us, we can accept OEM or ODM order. Our operation principle is high quality and high definition. There are 4 production lines for the CNC manual machines for make crystal white glass bottles, and 2 sets fully automatic IS machines for make high white glass bottles. 750ml glass liquor bottles wholesale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts