Cute Dandelion-Seed Necklaces

Assalamualaykum!

So a few weeks ago I saw this really cute necklace made out of mini-glass cork bottles and I said"I NEED TO DIY THIS!"So I did.




I went out, got a chain, some jump rings and glass cork bottles, miniature-sized of course, and I was all excited to get started on this project, but then I had a problem. 

The jump rings I bought didn't fit the cork bottles like I had wanted them to. So, I improvised and I remembered I had some twine laying around and made do. 

And so now we have a blog post for a DIY necklace with twine which means it's a really cheap DIY because everything is purchased from the dollar store or found on this wonderful earth we live on. Alhamdulillah!

Materials:
-Dandelion seeds
-Twine
-Mini-glass cork bottles




Now that we've got our materials, we can get started. 

So first you want to go outside. Pick out one nice looking dandelion and if you're like me you'll take three because you're just a little bit insane lol jk jk. Don't waste dandelions like me, just take one, that's all you'll need. 


Bring your dandelion home, make sure the seeds don't blow away in the wind. Blow the dandelion on a desk and gather the seeds up in a pile. 

Next, grab your cork bottles. Remove the cork lid. 
Start by taking a few dandelion seeds at a time and plopping them into your cork bottles. 

You don't need to fill the whole bottle, I find it looks better when the bottle is only half full with dandelion seeds.

Next, put the cork back in place. 

Tie some twine around the circumference of the bottle where there is a ridge. 

                            


The tying can be done in any way that works for you and is efficient. Just make sure you tie a good knot so the whole thing holds up. 

Next attach a longer piece of twine to the one that is tied on the ridge of the glass bottle. This piece can be as long or as short as you'd like depending on how long you want your necklace to be!

And there you have it!



Now you just have to wear you necklace, and people will be complimenting you on  how cute it is and you can tell them you made it yourself! WAHOO!

You're done. And it only cost you five bucks give or take a dollar. Pretty awesome right?

Have fun with your new necklace!

Peace, 

L. 



Comments

Popular Posts