The Batte Against Homework

This a quick post before I start my homework. It has to do with starting the long and sometimes arduous task of actually starting your homework, so it's fitting.
Homework can be a bore, believe me I know. And I don't know about you, but I usually find myself sitting on a chair at my desk in my room, textbook in front of me, pencils out and looking mighty fine because I just sharpened them, but lacking the attention they need from me. You know what I mean. And if you don't well I'll tell you.
Instead of indulging in the small pleasure of writing with a newly sharpened pencil and revelling in the moment when the tip of the lead touches the paper and that oh-so-wonderful sound of pencil writing on paper is delivered into my ear, instead of all of that goodness, I just sit there. On my butt, phone in hand, wasting the precious time I set out to do work.
You'll be happy to know that I've got a solution to this that works around...let's say uhmmm... 50% of the time. But just try it ok!
See, I discovered that a clean room makes for a productive me. And I also discovered that I need to be dressed appropriately for the task of home-working, and lastly I need a timer.
This has now become a routine of mine and now my brain just knows that when I start cleaning, some serious studying is also about to go down. It's like it prepares me for the battle against my homework.
So here is how it all goes down. I'll mention my routine in a little bit more detail:
1. Clean: It doesn't have to be polish-the-floors, and organize the inside-of-your-wardrobe kind of cleaning, a simple vacuuming of your carpet or even just making your bed should suffice. In fact, on weekdays, I actually dump all two of my comforters (it gets pretty cold at night ok, don't judge( and just dump them on my bed in a heap every morning. Then when I come home from school and it's time to do my homework, I just make my bed. It just gets me in the mood of getting things done. I don't know why, it just does.
2. Homework Clothes: This is by far my most awesome idea yet. We have clothes we go out in, clothes we sleep in, and clothes we work out in, why don't we have clothes to do homework in? In my opinion, if you have a regular outfit (obviously not the same pair everyday) like a pair of leggings, and a large shirt that you wear every time you do your homework then your brain will realize that "hey, when I wear these specific clothes, it means it's time to do work" and then you won't be sitting there on your phone scrolling through twitter! WOOOT WOOOT! Also, you could throw a hat in there somewhere too, and it could be like your homework hat, oh my god that would be so cool!
Moving on.
3. A timer. I've read about this somewhere online as a study tip, but I can't remember where. ahh well. To whoever posted this, thank you for the tip! Anyway, timers can be a good way to actuallly start doing your homework. All you have to do is go on your phone (yes, this time it is allowed) and put a timer on counting down from 30 minutes, put it on the side of your desk and just do your homework. JUST DO IT. -NIKE But no forrealsies, just start, pick up that damn good-looking pencil, feel the ridges in your fingers as you hold and then just read, write, whatever your homework requires you to until the timer runs out.
You'll find by that time, that you've invested so much into your homework already and want to continue. If not, just set up the timer for another thirty minutes and repeat until you finish your homework.
And those are my tips for starting homework. Which reminds me, I should probably start mine! Don't forget to let me know how this works out for you!
BYE!
Love,
L.

Comments

Popular Posts